April 16, 2008
Director of Communications
Semi-finalists Announced for VSU President Position
VALDOSTA - Valdosta State University’s Presidential Search and
Screen Committee (PSSC) has identified six semi-finalists for
campus interviews. The list of candidates for consideration as the
university’s eighth president includes a diverse group of
professionals with extensive higher education experience, including
current university presidents, provosts, and academic deans.
The presidential search process began in January with more than 85 nominations that were reviewed by the 12 member PSSC. The committee narrowed the list to 12 individuals who participated in off-campus interviews in Atlanta on April 11-13.
The PSSC has released the names of six semi-finalists, who will visit VSU April 16-30. The campus interviews include a series of meetings with faculty, staff, students and civic and business leaders and an open public forum. The candidates in order of their scheduled visits are:
- Dr. Elizabeth (Beth) Stroble, senior vice president for academic affairs and provost, University of Akron, Ohio, April 16-17.
- Dr. Greg Weisenstein, provost, University of North Dakota, April 17-18.
- Dr. Tom Keon, dean of the College of Business Administration, University of Central Florida, April 21-22.
- Dr. Patrick (Pat) Schloss, president, Northern State University, Aberdeen, S.D., April 23-25.
- Dr. Daniel (Dan) Ball, president, Lander University, Greenwood, S.C., April 27-29.
- Dr. William (Bill) Meehan, president, Jacksonville State University, Ala., April 29-30.
To view a copy of the semi-finalists’ vita and detailed schedule of their two-day interview, visit http://www.valdosta.edu/presidentialsearch/
At the conclusion of the campus visits, the PSSC is responsible for selecting five unranked candidates from among the semi-finalists and presenting these names to the Special Regents’ Search Committee, which will make the final selection and appoint VSU’s next president.