November 12, 2014
Rebecca J. James, Graduate Assistant
Philosophy and Religious Studies Club Collecting Items for Children of Fallen Alumna
VALDOSTA — Valdosta State University’s Philosophy and Religious Studies Club will host a toy and clothing drive through Monday, Dec. 1, in memory of a fallen alumna.
Sharonda James, a 2012 Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies graduate, passed away unexpectedly in July. She had planned to enter the Master of Library and Information Science Program in August.
New and like-new toys, clothes, and school supplies can be dropped off at the Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies, located in Ashley Hall Room 1202.
All items collected will be donated to James’s five children, ages 4 to 14, and her mother, who now takes care of the children. The children’s clothing and shoe sizes are as follows:
- Male, age 4: clothing size 4T, shoe size 9
- Female, age 5: clothing size 5T/6T, shoe size 10.5
- Male, age 7: clothing size 7, shoe size 1
- Male, age 13: junior clothing size 14, men’s clothing size 30/30, shoe size 8.5
- Female, age 14: shirt size small, junior pants size 16, shoe size 7
Monetary donations are also welcome and will be accepted through Friday, Dec. 19.
Contact Dr. Lily Vuong, professor of religious studies and event coordinator, at (229) 249-4959 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
On the Web: