Welcome to the Graduate School
**The Graduate School is currently operating remotely. While we are not physically on campus, our work continues remotely in a modified format and our goal is to respond within one business day. Our phone access will be limited, so we encourage you to email inquiries (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we may answer more quickly.
We are still processing new applications and documents, sending completed files for review, and continuing our operations. We encourage you to submit documents and inquiries by email as much as possible (recommendations, supplemental requirements, etc. can all be sent as attachments) and use official electronic transcript delivery when available. We will alert applicants to any deadline changes if they occur.
More information on VSU's status and response is available here: www.valdosta.edu/health-advisory. **
TEST SCORE NOTICE: We are working with departments that require test scores to establish guidelines for moving forward given the difficulty in testing due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Guidelines vary by program and we are working to post the updates for individual programs on their pages. If you have questions about what your desired program is doing, please contact your admissions specialist or email@example.com **
Valdosta State University is committed to providing a quality graduate learning environment that will enable you to pursue your advanced studies guided by graduate faculty with a passion for teaching, scholarship, and service.
We have over 60 graduate programs to choose from and offer online as well as face-to-face options for graduate education. To find descriptions of these programs, their professional accreditations, and application requirements, please follow the Our Programs link on the main menu on the right side of this screen.
We look forward to having you join us as you make the important decision to continue your studies!
Important Information Regarding Graduate AssistantshipsSummer Timeline
Assistantships for the Summer 2020 semester will be awarded on a Competitive basis. Positions will be awarded to departments based upon budget availability and input from the Graduate Student Success Committee. Faculty and Staff will have the opportunity to submit their applications for Summer funding per the following timeline
- March 2nd -- Applications for Summer Competitive Graduate Assistantships available
- April 14th -- Deadline for submission of competitive apps to the Graduate School
- April 22nd -- Position determinations will be announced no later than this date
Important Information Regarding Graduate School
- Admissions Document Submission Instructions
- Per recent clarification from the USG, the waivers of out-of-state tuition for Florida, South Carolina, and Alabama residents only apply to undergraduate students.
- Search for and compare programs using our new Majors & Degrees search tool.
- Tuition/Financial Aid
- Residency Information
Graduate Students and Graduate Faculty in the News
- First Cohort of Music Education Students Graduate from VSU with 100 Percent job Placement
- Lauren Griner Named Graduate Assistant of the Year
- VSU Ranked Among the Best by U.S. News and World Report
- VSU Offers New online Graduate Program in Foreign Language Education
- VSU Now Offering Graduate Certificate for Teaching College English
- VSU Offers New Online Master's Degree in ESOL
- VSU Now Offering Master of Science in Exercise Physiology
Accreditation and Memberships
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA. 31698
Monday-Thursday: 8 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 3 PM
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698