Library Services Supporting Distance Education
- Document Delivery: If you are a student or faculty member who qualifies as "distance," meaning you teach or study completely off-campus, Odum Library can deliver library resources to you.
- Library Instruction: Librarians will travel to off-campus locations and provide library instruction sessions. Make arrangements early to ensure a Librarian is available. Consider adding a library instruction module to your online course today.
- Embedded Librarian Request Form: Embedded Librarians are available for your online or hybrid classes. Embedding a librarian into your class allows your students to easily connect with the help they need in order to complete their research assignments. Add a librarian to your class for a couple of weeks or an entire semester.
- Library Research Assignments: Odum Reference can help you create effective research assignments.
- InterLibrary Loan: When Odum Library does not have the resource you are looking for, make an Interlibrary Loan request, and we will find it at another library and send it to you.
- Ordering Materials: Please visit the Acquisitions/Serials Department page. Requests for the purchase of new materials are coordinated through your Academic Department Head.
- Off-campus Course Reserves: Materials may be checked out from Odum Library's Collection to be placed on reserve at any off-campus location for the semester. For more information, please contact Circulation at (229) 245-5869.
Library-Related Services from Other Departments:
- eLearning Department: Support for BlazeVIEW, videoconferencing, and more.
- VSU Online Bookstore
- Information Technology HelpDesk
Our Distance Learning Philosophy:
"Access to adequate library services and resources is essential for the attainment of superior academic skills in post-secondary education, regardless of where students, faculty, and programs are located. Members of the distance learning community are entitled to library services and resources equivalent to those provided for students and faculty in traditional campus settings." (ACRL Guidelines for Distance Learning Library Services)
Document Delivery and Students:
We can only offer Document Delivery (having books and articles ordered through InterLibrary Loan mailed directly to you) to students taking all of their courses off-campus/online and living outside of Lowndes County. Students taking both on-campus and off-campus courses are asked to come to Odum Library in person to pick up and return all library materials.
- Reference Services
- Administrative Office
- New Media Center
- Student Fax
- Administrative Fax
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
Sun: 12 pm - 12 am
Mon-Thu: 7 am - 12 am
Fri: 7 am - 8 pm
Sat: 12 pm - 8 pm
The Odum Library is a Federal Depository Library.