Fall Move-In Information
As you move-in, please check and make sure your immunizations are up-to-date.
*Move-in for new, incoming students for Fall 2020 will be Wednesday August 12th.
*Students will be provided with a specific window of time to arrive for check-in over the summer.
*Returning students will be able to move into their assignment later that week.
*All students will start at the University Center, located at 1203 N Patterson St, Valdosta GA 31601.
*More specific details will be posted after Spring Break. Please check back for updates!
*Students should arrive directly to their residence hall to check-in.
*Students will need their 1Card to move in, please make arrangements to visit the 1Card Office prior to coming to your hall to check-in.
Tips for Moving In for Fall!
- Move-in day tends to be quite a hot day in South Georgia! Please bring water and sunscreen. Remember to pace yourself throughout the day.
- Be patient with the process. Whether you are a first-year resident or a returning student, there are a lot of students moving in at the same time.
- Check-in during your assigned times. Early arrivals must wait until their designated time.
- Avoid bringing trailers, U-Haul trucks, or more than 2 cars.
- Moving trucks or trailers are not necessary. If it cannot fit into 1 or 2 cars it probably won't fit in your room
- Our Parking lots are quite full during move-in and we are unable to accomadte them
- You will be given two parking passes
- Passes will need to be placed on the driver's side of the dashboard
- Students should label all of their boxes beforehand to avoid them being dropped off to the wrong location or lost.
- Avoid bringing family pets during move-in. As mentioned before, it is a very hot day and we do not permit animals inside the residence halls.